Sunday, November 25, 2007

Feeling Good about A Decision Made

I am SO glad I’m not running another marathon next Sunday!

As I already mentioned here, for the two weeks after our marathon in October, I debated long and hard about running the California International Marathon (CIM) down in Sacramento on December 2. Even after I decided to not run the marathon, I still kept mulling it over, wondering if I’d made the right decision. But as the race date draws closer, I’m so glad I don’t have run 26.2 miles again so soon. Just like I was stoked to run “only” 10 miles last Sunday instead of the 20 I would have had to put in if I was doing CIM.

Now I’ve got my sights set on a half-marathon in mid-January. I’m doing a 10-week training program I found on runnersworld.com. Maybe it’s nuts to go right from one training plan (my coach-dictated workouts for the marathon) to another, but it just feels right to me. Plus, it’s the kick in the rear I need when it’s cold (32-degrees this morning!) or rainy (hey, it’s Portland!).

Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband has used the marathon and half training programs on runnersworld.com and found them to be very effective. He was also able to modify them for a shorter training period for the Chicago Marathon last year. He was able to meet the time goal he set for each of the races.

Jules said...

I used Hall's half marathon plan for the Denver 1/2 in October and hit my goal. It was a very manageable plan for a working mom of 2, good choice!